Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Our Shamrock Shack:

I tend to keep the St. Patrick's decor to a minimum (like valentine's) and with Spring around the corner, I usually go for more 'Green Spring' decor that I can keep up for a while with of course some shamrocks thrown in to the mix! 

I love the meaning behind the shamrock: 
*Father
*Son
*Holy Ghost

And it was Saint Patrick who utilized this three leaf clover as an illustration of the Holy Trinity as he was introducing and establishing Christianity among the people of Ireland!

*** 

So now that it is 'officially' St. Patrick's Day weekend...
Here is a look into our little Shamrock Shack! 

I hope you enjoy!



 Living Room:
DIY Shamrock Burlap Banner:
I went with only making three to symbolize each; The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost

I also love using moss as a filler around this time. It is the perfect green for St. Patrick's Day, yet the perfect touch for Spring/Easter!


You have to have green straws and chocolate gold coins!


Foyer:
I am in love with the wooden shamrock that Steven made!


Again, the symbolization of the three!


Dining Room:
Green hydrangeas add the perfect touch of green and Spring for the holiday!


 Guest Rooms:
Charli's thumbprint shamrocks and my LUCK frames that we made



May Joy and Peace surround you,
Contentment Latch your door,
And Happiness be with you now,
And Bless you Evermore.



I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a wonderful holiday filled weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your "shamrock" shack. We have the same décor style; I love earthy things like moss, flowers, wood, and burlap. I'm not Irish, so I never learned much about the "shamrock;" I had no idea that it was meant to be a symbol of the Trinity. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete