Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bumpdate: 15 weeks:

Well, with it being Fat Tuesday and all, I felt it fitting to do my first 'Bumpdate' post! ;)
So here goes...





How Far Along: 15 weeks today (Second Trimester)
Due Date: August 26
Weight Gain: This is always tricky for me in regular day life and more so during pregnancy due to both of my illnesses. I only gained 18 LBS with Charli. My weight fluctuates extremely on a day to day basis... Literally meaning I have lost 5 LBS before in a single day. This pregnancy has started no different. I initially dropped several pounds at the beginning, gained a couple of them back, but am now back down 3 LBS (This is something all of my Doctors monitor every day).
Size of Baby: 2 1/2 ounces, size of apple
Sleep: I am an all over kind of sleeper, but since my first pregnancy and having to sleep on my side, and then always having the monitor on my side of the bed, I have grown accustomed to sleeping on my side a lot. So thankfully there hasn't been any issues yet!
Movement: None so far. I heard you can feel the baby sooner the second time around, but I felt Charli once at 14 weeks (super early, but I know it was definitely her) and then not again until around 17 weeks. So I am hoping I feel baby 2 soon! :)
Any Pains: My lower back has already started giving me problems. I unfortunately have back problems that are not only caused by my Crohn's Disease, but also family history, and I had horrible back issues/sciatic pains my entire pregnancy with Charli, and it seems to be the exact same this go around.  
Food Cravings: My cravings have been so weird this go around, but a few that were the exact same as Charli... Milk (all day every day) which I am already a huge milk drinker anyways, it has just tripled. Cereal (but only Cocoa Pebbles). Other than those two, my cravings change at a drop of a hat. One day I really want something (like a chicken salad sandwich), I made a chicken salad sandwich and it was the best thing I have ever had, and now the thought of chicken salad makes me puke and I hate the sight of red grapes, haha! Needless to say, Steven has been doing almost all of the cooking again because who knows what and how I am going to be feeling at dinner!
What I'm looking forward to: Feeling our little peanut for the first time and finding out in a few weeks if we will be blessed with another beautiful little girl or a handsome little fella! 



It is still so surreal to me that there is another little bundle of joy growing inside me! 
Life truly is a miracle! 

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for second trimester! You must have abs of steal, mama. You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Look how adorable that little bump is! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously look great!! Can't wait to hear if it's a little boy or a little girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete