Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Recipe: Cookie Cake:

You may have seen that I made a homemade cookie cake for Steven's Birthday this past weekend.
Well, you are correct, and let me tell you... 
It was AAAAAAmazing! 

Cookie Cake's are Steven's favorite, but since I can't enjoy a store bought cookie cake I decided to scroll through Pinterest to see if I could find a recipe that I could alter so I too could enjoy some. 
I found a simple recipe that only called for a couple of alterations on my part and surprisingly, I had every single ingredient in the house... Score! 
So a free, homemade gluten free cookie cake it was! 



Gluten Free Cookie Cake:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Sticks of butter (softened)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
2 Tsp. Corn Starch
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips


In a large mixer bowl
Mix together butter and sugar with electric mixer
Add in egg and vanilla and continue to beat until well incorporated


In a separate bowl
Mix flour, cornstarch, and baking soda.


Slowly add flour mixture to large bowl while continuing to beat on low
Once dough is mixed, fold in chocolate chips

Cover and place into fridge.
I made this one afternoon during nap and let sit in fridge until the next afternoon at nap.
You can also just let it sit in fridge for around an hour.
Whichever works for you!


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom portion of your un-greased circular pie or cake pan
Press in dough
Bake 18-22 minutes (mine was right at 22 minutes)

Once finished, flip oven to broil on High until top is golden brown
(literally took maybe 30 seconds to a minute)


Let cool, add frosting, and enjoy!




This was so extremely easy and it was absolutely amazing! 
It was soft, light, and oh so delicious! 

And yes, I finished this bad boy off for lunch yesterday!! 
(Maybe that is why I think my 18 week belly finally 'popped' out!) haha! ;)



Happy Tuesday and Happy Baking! 

2 comments: