Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Crafting Chronicles: HALL-iday Crafts:

It has been grey and rainy the past few days here, so what better way to cheer us up when we are indoors than to craft!

Here is a look at what we have been up to recently...

Burlap Christmas Tree
(This craft was inspired by something I saw at Target and knew I could make it!)

You will need:
Burlap
Scissors
Craft Cone
Gold Glitter Glue
Hot Glue Gun (not pictured, sorry!)


You will start by cutting little leaf shaped petals


Next, you will use your gold glitter glue to make an outline on the petals
These first two steps took me two days due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis (I have RA due to my Crohn's Disease). 

Next, using your hot glue gun, start gluing the petals to the cone (making rows)

And Voila! 
You have a Burlap Christmas Tree!!

I am in love with how this turned out! I wanted to make two of these (one tall, one short), but I honestly don't think my arthritis would appreciate another one... So one will do! ;)


While I was slaving away at the above Christmas Tree, my little helper was right next to me working on her very own tree!



I absolutely adore her little works of art! 



Peace Joy Love
(this craft was inspired by something I found on Pinterest about a month ago!)

You will need:
Wood
Saw
Drill
Sander
Stain
Stencils
Paint
Paint Brushes

I started out by laying the wood the way I wanted my sign to look. Then my handy dandy husband cut the wood to the appropriate size, then drilled a backing to it to hold all of the pieces of wood together


Next, sand down all sides and edges

Then stain

After the stain was dry I went to work...

Using my stencils, I traced the words then painted
(I find it much more efficient by doing this... This way the paint doesn't run if you are painting directly on to the stencil)
Then free handed a couple of holly branches!

And Voila! 
Your very festive/rustic sign for Christmas!


"wishing you Peace Joy Love"

I am very happy with how my sign turned out, and I can't wait to put it up in our home!


Happy Wednesday
and
Happy Crafting!  

2 comments:

  1. What great crafts!! I sure wish my son were interested in making crafts with me... I do have to admit that I'm not that talented in this area, but I try! I love the burlap Christmas tree and sign! Do you have your own etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete