Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Recipe: White Chicken Chili:

When we were back home in Jacksonville, FL over Thanksgiving, my best friend Christie had us over for dinner and cocktails, and she made us this for dinner! My mom also has an amazing White Chicken Chili recipe, but the one I made tonight was the one Christie gave me! And it sure is delicious!


Ummm, if you know my husband, you know he absolutely HATES onions... but he knows how amazingly good this dish is, so he actually lets me cook them for this meal! (Christie, aren't you so proud of him?! Can you even believe it?!)



Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (I just used 1 tbsp minced garlic tonight)
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
4 pickled jalapeno rings, minced
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I did 3 tonight)
1 can northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken broth
dash oregano
salt & pepper
green Tabasco sauce, to taste
1 tbsp cornmeal
1/4 cup milk

Instructions:
In a large pot, saute onion in oil on medium heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cumin, stir until fragrant (about a minute)

Add all ingredients from green chilies to Tabasco sauce into pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.

Stir cornmeal and milk together, add to pot and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.




We serve the chili over a little rice! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I have a white chicken chili recipe for the crockpot that I've been itching to try.

    ReplyDelete