Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

11th Cavalry:

It is hard to believe that exactly one week from today, I will be saying goodbye to the place we called home for two years. This home will forever hold a very special place in my heart! This was the first home that Steven and I shared as husband and wife, this was my first home as a Navy wife, and this was our first home as a family of 3! A lot of firsts for my family happened on 11th Cavalry, and I will forever be grateful for them all! 



So my friend Kate, who is also moving the same time as us shared a blog of their home, and I found it to be an absolutely perfect thing to do as well, and something to do for every home we have as we move around the country! You can also visit Kate over at daffoldilshope.blogspot.com, you won't be disappointed that you did! ;) Thanks Kate for the inspiration on this post! :) 

It will be very bittersweet to leave this house, as it holds so many precious memories for my family, but I cannot wait for this next chapter in our lives and to be so much closer to our family! This blog post is probably more for myself and my family, as I know we will continue to re-visit this post and remember all of the wonderful times we shared in our very first home together! But I thought it would be fun to share with you all as well!

"Home is wherever the Navy sends us" 

Our front entry way. The oar was from our wedding, and we had guests sign it, and the candle and vase was the centerpiece from Steven and I's "couple table" at our wedding! The rope vase was a little DIY that I did.

The half bath downstairs by the front entry

Standing by the front door looking in to the front living room. Clock- Pottery Barn, Sailboat pictures- from Monterey, Pillows & Blanket- Pottery Barn

Another angel of the front living room

Heading up the stairs. Flag- Pottery Barn

View from the stairs looking down. Coffee table book- Big Sur California

From the front living room looking into the back of the house (Dining Room and Family Room). On the buffet- Magnum Hall wine that was consumed at our Rehearsal Dinner and then signed by our guests who attended, Wine Cork Lamp- Handmade by me! Wine Barrel Lazy Susan- Pottery Barn

And from the back family room looking to the front

Table and Chairs- Pottery Barn, Wreath- Target: Smith & Hawken, and yes, that is our wine fridge in the corner! ;)

The back family room area. This is where I normally sit in the morning, sipping on coffee, watching the Today Show!

The Kitchen

The Backyard

The office area at the top of the stairs

 The master bedroom. Headboard, nightstands, bedding- Pottery Barn, Lamps- Home Goods, Lantern- Target: Smith & Hawken (my favorite section if you wanted to know)

Charli's room (and someone who just woke up from her nap) ;). Crib & Changing Table- Pottery Barn, Bedding, Pillow, Curtains, Basket Liners- Pottery Barn, Bookshelf- Handmade by Daddy, Lamp- Handmade by mommy, 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' sign- Handmade by Mommy (check it out here)

Guest bedroom. Bedding- Pottery Barn, Headboard- Vintage find from a garage sale in Carmel, Our other finds from that day are here Nightstand (there is a matching armoire to my right)- My furniture as a little girl that will be handed down to Charli when she grows out of the nursery! 'Be Our Guest' sign- Handmade by me!


This is our home, before it gets packed up into a bunch of boxes! 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment