Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recipe: Bang Bang Shrimp:

For the past month we have been trying to focus on cleaning out the pantry, so it has been "eat what is in the fridge and pantry because the movers won't move it" kind of dinners... (soups, grilled chicken and veggies, pasta), still good dinners, but just nothing fancy, and no new recipes. But tonight, surprisingly I had everything on hand that I needed to make my Bang Bang Shrimp! (One of our favorites!)

This recipe was given to me by my best friend Christie. She used to come over while Steven was out to sea or deployed, and we would have girl nights and she would cook for me! (Yes, she cooked for me!) As you may recall, I am not a "cooker" (although, lately I have been pretty amazing in the kitchen, I'm not gonna lie!) :) Any who, this recipe was one we did a lot, and it is amazing! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
1/2 spoon full of peanut butter
Srirachi Sauce to taste (I usually use about 4 drops)   


Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

Take peeled and de-veined shrimp and cover in cornstarch
(I had frozen cooked peeled shrimp in the freezer so that is what we used. Thaw first.)


Fry shrimp in vegetable oil until golden brown.

Pour shrimp in bowl with mixture and toss until well coated.


And voila! :) Super simple and super yummy!! We usually serve it over Basmati rice, but tonight it was just over white rice (just as delicious)! 



And "In The Kitchen for Charli" tonight was fresh avocados, fresh yams (steamed a little), fresh pears (steamed a little), and grapes cut into halves! (Grapes are now one of her favorites!!)


Time to say the Blessing! :)




1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try this, my husband is a big shrimp lover! Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo Jamie
    www.bnjsefcik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete