Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

My Style: Game Day Ready:

In honor of it being FL/Ga day back home and the Big Game being tomorrow, I thought I would share our 'Tailgating Ansamble'! 
We were supposed to be down there this weekend for the festivities and game 
(but Steven has to work)
Oh well, there is always next year! 

Here is what we will be rocking on Saturday though... Go Gators! 


I love all that orange and blue and love keeping it simple yet classy! 


His: Pants: J.Crew | Shirt: Southern Tide | Shoes: Sperry Top Sider
Hers: Dress: Hello Darling Boutique (a good friend of mine from back home just opened her own boutique and I have already purchased several items from her. You should also check her out!!) | Shoes: Jack Rogers
Mini Me's: Dress: DIY by Me (will have instructions below) | Shoes: Team Squeakers


Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo Traci


DIY Pillow Case Dress

I started with fabric that I measured out length and width to fit Charli (I forgot to write it down so I honestly don't remember... oops)
I then made the bottom hem (just folding over to what I felt was a good width) and sew


Next (with fabric inside out), I folded it in half (length wise) and did a double stitch to sew the top and bottom together
(so now it looks like a pillow case with an open top and open bottom)



I then measured and cut for the arm holes.
I did 4 INCHES down and about 1 and 1/2 INCHES in


Next (with fabric inside out) I took pieces of the same fabric and sewed it to the arm holes
Then finished it off with a hem at the top and pushing blue ribbon through the top hem!


I am so happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to making Charli some more! 
Even better is I plan on taking the blue ribbon out and putting brown ribbon in for her to wear in the month of November! :)



Happy Friday!

1 comment: