Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

It's my Birthday week!!:

It's that time of year again... Yep, MY BIRTHDAY WEEK! ;) My birthday is just right around the corner (July 30)! I must say, Steven has always made my birthday so very special, and always goes out of his way to make sure we always have a fun week leading up to it! (If you remember from Charli's Birthday post... we like to celebrate for a week in this family... Don't judge! If anything you should try it too, and you will thank me later!) ;) 

So to make this week even better, Steven is still on leave and has not started work yet here in Charleston! His position here starts August 1, so he is going to check in at the very end of July! Steven has not taken a single day of leave in the past 2 years, so he deserves every single day he can get off for all of the hard work he has put in... And to be completely honest, people don't understand that he will be going back out to sea in a couple of years, so we will be making the very most of every day we get with Dada while we have him on shore! 

So on Tuesday we headed out to Isle of Palms (which is the beaches area), for a day full of sunshine, water, and lots of sand...  Oh, and baby tops are overrated! ;)





Charli these days at the beach is so much fun... but yet so dirty! haha! I am not a huge fan of the sand, and hate getting it all over me... But I guess those days are over, because she enjoys taking the sand in her hands and rubbing it all over us... lovely! ;) But honestly, I wouldn't trade it for the world! I love watching her play and the pure joy on her face is everything to me! 


Oh, and with her being so mobile... She thinks she can escape to the water all by herself now...

And there she goes...

Trying to escape again...

Oh, and again... haha

And Charli's beach day got a whole lot better when Dada got her this...

A yummy push-up




Pure Summer Perfection!

On Wednesday we headed out to play a round of golf with Daddy! 


We just went up to the club on base to check it out, and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was! This was our first time taking Charli out in a golf cart (I am a little leery when it comes to golf carts, because I was in a pretty horrible golf cart accident back in college that damaged my leg for good... I mean to the point where the Doctors actually mentioned skin grafting and amputating if they were not able to clear up the infection... but all is good, and I just have a scar, but have zero feeling in my ankle/lower leg) So any who, we finally took her out and she loved it! 




She even helped Dada out on the greens...








I had no intentions on playing... Just riding along with Charli to watch, but Steven ended up throwing my driver in his bag, and I did end up getting out to hit a few...

 In my flip flops and all! ;)


And yesterday we decided to head out to the Firefly Vodka Distillery...



This was something on our 'Must-Do' list while we live here, and I am pretty sure this will not be the last time they see us! ;) 


6 shots for $6? Ummmm OK! 


I have never done a "vodka tasting" or let alone any kind of tasting except for a wine tasting... So this was new to me, and I must say, this almost 28 year old could not hang at the beginning... Good lawd it was a lot of booze in a short amount of time... (and the fact that we got 2 tastings, so Steven could try a little, but since he was driving, that meant little ole me got 12 shots...) yeah... Exactly!

Oh, and they also have a vineyard on the property as well


Which means they also have a wine tasting over at the winery...


How could you say no to that?! So yes, we did the wine tasting too... But I must say, the wine was not that great... But definitely glad I tried it. 

The property at Firefly was super cool, and there was lots to do... From the tastings, to the animals, to the tire swing, to corn hole, and more... 








They even had a cow roaming through the vineyard that you could go and pet... 





But you didn't catch me walking up to it... So after finding the cow, we walked through the vineyard a little to look at the grapes! 






Thank you Firefly for a fun little day! We will be seeing you again real soon I'm sure! ;)

And a bigger Thank you to my wonderful husband for a fun filled Birthday Week! Looking forward to the weekend! 



I hope everyone had a great week and Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment