Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Charli's First Fourth:

America! America! God Shed His Grace on Thee,
And Crown Thy Good with Brotherhood,
From Sea to Shining Sea







We drove back down to Jacksonville on Wednesday evening so we could spend the holiday with our family! We are so thankful that we were able to spend the 4th of July this year with our family and friends! 

It is so hard to believe that this time last year I was 9 months pregnant 

Last year, I can honestly say for the first time in my life, I spent the 4th of July not in a bathing suite, and it was cold out... (typical Monterey Summer...) So this year all I was looking forward to was being HOT! And that it was...
 It was a perfect day at Banana Bob's Backyard Bar... The sun was shining, the tunes were playing, the drinks were flowing, and the food was grillin'... Simply perfect if you ask me!



A delicious Watermelon Cake I made!







And what's the 4th without a little fireworks and sparklers!



We kept Charli up a little later so she could be a part of all of the fun, and experience fireworks for the very first time! She was a little unsure at first and started crying and shaking when she heard them go off :( but it didn't last long, and she started smiling and laughing! Her favorite was the one that just flashes lights (the above picture of Steven), and she loved the sparklers! All in all it was a good time! 








 Charli's First Fourth was so memorable and perfect! 

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July and took a little extra time to be thankful and remember why we get to celebrate this holiday! :)
'MERICA!



PS: Exactly 2 weeks from today, our little Charli will be turning ONE... (not sure how I feel about this right now) ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment