Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Newport Things: Volvo Ocean Race Newport:

This week starts the Volvo Ocean Race Newport. The Volvo Ocean Race is the world's longest professional sporting event and sailing competition. It is a yacht race around the world which is held every three years. Newport was lucky enough to win the bid for this years race! 

The event kicked off May 5th and will run through May 17th. 
I really wanted to attend this event as I have a love for sailboats, and really anything nautical. 
So this was something right up my ally. Especially knowing it could quite possibly be a once in a lifetime opportunity! Even better!

My mom, the kids, and I headed to opening day yesterday.




The racing boats don't arrive until tomorrow so we weren't able to see them yesterday but there were plenty of boats in the harbor and things to look at and do as we walked around the Race Village.









We definitely had a fun afternoon and I am hoping we are able to make it out there again to see some of the race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment