Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Christie and Shannon visit Mooport:

My two best friends came to visit! 

Christie planned a visit to Newport as soon as we moved here back in December. However, my other sneaky little best friend Shannon decided to surprise me and fly out with Christie (Steven knew but kept it a secret!) 

They weren't arriving until Thursday evening so Steven headed out to pick up "Christie" while I got the kiddos fed and in bed. I was so excited when they pulled into the driveway and met them outside! That is when Steven had the dome lights off in the car (which I didn't even notice at the time) and told me he picked me up a present so I needed to come closer to the car. I was honestly skeptical as I walked very slowly over to him (which we were then laughing about the fact that I was scared that my husband had gotten me a present... bahaha!). I heard a "jingle" of some sorts and literally got so confused as I thought he may have picked up a stray dog or something because it sounded like a collar... hahaha. At that time Shannon jumped out at me.  Needless to say, I was shocked, happy, excited, and we stood there jumping up and down hugging in the driveway! 
What a perfect start to a weekend with my best friends!! 

We had an absolute blast the whole weekend and Charli and Crew LOVED seeing their Aunt Tistie and Auntie Shay Shay when they woke up Friday morning! 

Friday was a beautiful day (cold, but beautiful) and we drove around showing them the entire island. We did two mansion tours; The Marble House and The Breakers. The mansions were gorgeous and it was so much fun listening to the history of the homes. They were the summer cottages for the Vanderbilt family (Summer cottages that were around 40,000 sq ft and 130,000 sq ft). After the mansion tours we headed to grab some lunch at one of our favorite little Cafe's then went to the Winery. We had a wonderful fun filled day that ended with Steven doing dinner and bedtime with the kids while us girls had a girl night downtown!! We had cocktails at The Wharf Pub, dinner at Diego's, and finished off the night by walking up to Fastnet Pub where we enjoyed more cocktails and bag pipes before cabing it home!

The Marble House:





 The Breakers:



The Winery:
 *What are aunts good for? Accessorizing your daughter! 





Saturday we headed downtown and met some of our friends for the Newport St. Patrick's Day Parade. Even though it was a nasty, rainy day, and I really didn't want to go at first we ended up having so much fun! We had a blast running into a few pubs to slurp down some cocktails and enjoyed all the green, festivities, and the parade. Charli loved watching the parade from a distance but was NOT fan when we walked a little closer. It scared her and she started crying and just wanted to be held tightly. 
It was still a fun afternoon that ended with some of our friends coming back to our house! We enjoyed a fire, sweatpants, food, champagne, and running around in the rain with cocktails stomping down the snow! 

St Patrick's Day Parade:





And making the front page of the local newspaper...



Playing in the rain & Stomping down that snow:


 We ended Saturday with a perfect corned beef and cabbage dinner made by my wonderful husband! 



Sunday we headed into Boston (since they were flying out of there) for our last afternoon together. We enjoyed lunch and beverages at Cheers and enjoyed walking around, sightseeing, and shopping before the rain and storm hit. 




And when we weren't busy doing everything else, we enjoyed lounging around the house just getting to be together... Laughing, talking, hot tubing, getting baby cuddles in, and doing our nails! 



Because that is what Auntie's are good for! 


I love you girls so much and couldn't have asked for a better weekend with my best friends! I feel incredibly lucky to have the most wonderful people in my life who truly make it a priority to come visit us as we move around the country!

We love you Christie and Shannon and we can't wait to see you again! 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! What an awesome surprise and busy fun weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What an awesome surprise and busy fun weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun surprise & great friends!! And how fun that you guys were in the newspaper!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun, wonderful weekend! I love it when my best friends come visit!

    ReplyDelete