Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Being a Super Mom with added ninja skills is not always easy...:

But someone's gotta do it!

Some of you are aware that Charli has been fighting some sort of virus for the past 2 days, but for those who were unaware, yes she has been fighting some sort of virus for the past 2 days. 

When she woke up yesterday morning, she was burning up, I took her temperature and it was over 101. We gave her some Advil in hopes that it would knock the fever out pretty quickly (if you can remember, Charli has only had ONE cold which was actually stemmed from her Flu Shots, and even then her fever was knocked out pretty quickly, and other than that, she has had a fever maybe 2 or 3 other times, all due from getting shots, but again knocked out pretty quickly), so yesterday morning we were hoping for the same... Not the case...



Charli's fever slowly got higher and higher (even though for the most part she was acting herself), she had zero appetite (and if you know Charli, this has never happened... home girl likes her food ;) not that you could tell right?!) :), she had really bad diarrhea (no vomiting), did not want to drink her water (and water is the only thing besides milk that she drinks), and only had 1 wet diaper in 5 hours... Needless to say I was in tears all afternoon, knowing my sweet baby girl was in pain and I was doing everything in my power to make her comfortable and feel well but I knew it wasn't working. 

Steven had already called the Pediatrician, and we had an appointment scheduled for later in the afternoon. When I was rocking her before her nap, she was burning up again (I hate seeing her so sick and me feeling so helpless...) I did not want to let her go...


Her fever spiked to 102.4, and she was trembling/shaking (which scared the bejesus out of me, because all I could think about was how babies can have seizures from very high temps like that... she was fine of course), but still, I was crying, called Steven, he rushed home, called the Pediatrician, and they had us rush her in just to be safe. Her temp was up to 103.2, but other than her being very sick and a high fever, she was healthy and looked good, and they were amazed at how happy she was with how sick she was. They are pretty sure it is just a virus and it has to run its course, but we are monitoring her because they may need to put a catheter in her to get a urine sample just to be on the safe side and make sure it is not a UTI or anything else.

After we left the Doctors office, we made sure we had plenty of Advil, Tylenol, and Pedialyte (in a couple of different flavors... which she absolutely hates all of them) on hand, and Daddy also got Charli a new little 'sick buddy' (stuffed animal), because getting a surprise always makes us feel better! :) And just having Daddy home early from work helps too I think... ;)


Then it was dinner (which she didn't eat much of), a quick bath, and an early bedtime for our sick little girl... or so we thought... She fell right to sleep on me like every other night, but as soon as I layed her down she was sobbing, I rubbed her head, her tummy, her back, but she just wanted out, and wanted me (but lets be honest... even to this day, when I am sick, all I want is my mommy too) ;). So I picked her back up and held her and rocked her and she fell right to sleep again... then layed her down... yep you guessed it, sobbing again. I didn't know what else to do, but to climb into bed with her (I have never had to do this before), but it clearly worked! She was wrapped all around me and sound asleep in minutes... Uh now what? How am I supposed to take her arms and legs off of me without her waking up, and then climb out of her crib quietly? Well friends, that's when my mommy ninja skills were out in full force. I was out of her crib and out of her room in minutes, all super quiet and she was sound asleep! (insert patting myself on the back) ;)

Our sweet girl had a good night sleep and I just knew her fever would be gone this morning... but it wasn't. It was back up to 102.4, and on to day 2 with a sick baby... 

Please keep Charli in your thoughts and prayers, and lets hope it is just a cold virus that has to run its course. 

There is absolutely nothing worst than seeing your baby sick, and I am sure it will never get easy, no matter how old she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment