Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Crafting Chronicles: Scarecrow Tutu:

Happy Friday Friends!

I had a lot of people ask me if I made Charli's Halloween Costume and the answer is yes, yes I did! 
It was a super easy Tutu dress and I did the same thing I have done for previous tutu's I have made for her but I thought I would do a "refresher" post on the how-to...
So here goes...


Supplies:
*Tulle (or fabric)
*Scissors
*Ribbon
*Sunflower
*Measuring Tape

(Not shown: Elastic waistband because I already had one. You can find that step here)


First: 
*Start by measuring how long you want the tutu (I measured from Charli's chest to her ankles). 
*You will then double that length and that is the length of the tulle you will cut.
(So for Charli I did 53inches)

 Second:
*Take your strips of tulle and fold in half
*Take the folded tulle and loop around your elastic waistband
*Pull the 2 strands through the loop
*Pull to tighten

Third:
*Continue steps above until waistband is full! 


Last:
(I didn't take pictures of this step)
*Take piece of ribbon and fold in half and loop and pull (see above) and hot glue the sunflower to that piece of ribbon.
*Tie ribbon around neck to act as a halter dress strap!

I finished the look by adding the cutest brown triangle with "stitches" on her nose using brown eyeliner!

And voila!! 




Happy Friday and Happy Crafting!! 

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented, friend! Where'd you get the idea for this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I think this would be a great outfit for a first birthday too!

    ReplyDelete