Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Recipe: Eggplant Parmesan:

Today was just a day that called for a warm hearty meal for dinner... And since I refuse to cook on Friday's it was 'Hubby In The Kitchen'! 

He had bought an Eggplant a few days ago (not really sure why) so he said he was going to cook it for dinner. My first reaction was "Eww... Gross... Who eats Eggplants?!" I have actually never eaten an Eggplant before, but I knew in my mind I just hated them and they were gross (haha). 

In fact, Eggplants are super delicious, are actually rated as one of the world's healthiest foods, and have so many other health benefits. 
I have noted a few below:
*They contain Iron, Calcium, Fiber, and other minerals that supply essential nutrients to the body
*They contain certain essential phyto nutrients which improve blood circulation and nourish the brain.
*They are low in calorie
*They also have a role in heart care as well and can help lower bad cholesterol.

Now on to the Eggplant making...


Ingredients:
1 Eggplant
2 Eggs
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Corn Meal
Salt
Pepper

Rinse and peel Eggplant then slice


In two separate bowls:
Mix your two eggs
Mix together your flour, corn meal, salt and pepper


Dip Eggplant into eggs then into flour mixture, making sure both sides are coated well


Place into warm vegetable oil until brown 


After placing the fried Eggplant onto paper towels to soak some grease, place Eggplants onto baking sheet, pour a little sauce onto each slice, cover with shredded Parmesan cheese, then broil until cheese is melted 


Serve on pasta, add a little more sauce, and of course more cheese
And Enjoy!


It was the perfect Friday night dinner and Charli absolutley LOVED it!!! 
She ate two whole Eggplant slices!!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I love Eggplant Parmesan! I have to admit that I've never made it myself; my mother-in-law does such an excellent job that I figured I just can't compete. I wish I could get my son to eat eggplant, but he's very picky about texture; we live on chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, and sweet potato bites these days... Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Charli has always been a really great eater thankfully, but I was still pretty surprised at how much she loved the Eggplant!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I've NEVER cooked with eggplant. I'm betting, however, that Derek would actually eat these since it looks like chicken! I've tabbed this page for a future recipe to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie!! It was super easy and it really was delicious! I think Derek would eat it!!

      Delete
  3. I love eggplant parm! I leave the skin on though. Don't forget a lot of the nutrients are contained in the skin- try it next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I know (as is most fruits and veggies), but with it being my very first time trying it, Steven went ahead and took it off just in case! haha!!

      Delete