Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend:

What a wonderful weekend it was! 
It was a busy weekend with the perfect amount of relaxation. Making memories with friends and family & soaking in the every day moments of life with our two babies, who are the very reason I get to celebrate this wonderful holiday! I feel incredibly lucky that I have a husband who goes above and beyond to make me feel special every day but always goes the extra mile for special occasions. Thank you honey! I was sad to see Monday appear as that means daddy is back to work but we are looking forward to an exciting couple of weeks coming up! 





On Sunday, I woke up to a hot cup of coffee with lots of snuggles and little giggles in my ear wishing me a "Happy Motha's Day Mommy". I got to open some very special gifts with help from some tiny little hands {seriously why does it make it so much better!}. 

My parents came over in the morning and we went up to our club for the most perfect Brunch & Bottomless Mimosas. It was seriously the best morning and I am so thankful to be living back home where something so simple is cherished so much more! We spent the rest of the day in the backyard, letting the kids run around and play, Steven did a little yard work, and my mom and I were able to sneak out of the house during nap time for a much needed pedicure just her and I. I can't tell you how grateful I am for my mom. She truly is my role model and the woman I aspire to be the most. She does everything with love and kindness and taught me what motherhood really means! Thank you mom, I love you!

I know I'm not perfect and I mess up {a lot} but in the eyes of our children I am. To them I am superwoman and when I hear Charli say "all I want to be when I grow up is a Mommy just like my Mommy" makes my heart melt into a puddle right then and there. Our babies won't ever need me as much as they do right now and though some days are tough, that is the exact reason that gets me through! I love them fiercely and with all my being and am truly doing exactly what I have always wanted! 

I hope every Mama out there had the best Mother's Day. You all deserve it! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment