Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016:


Happy Memorial Day everyone!


Let us Honor & Remember the one's who paid the ultimate sacrifice, the one's who never made it home, the one's whose family's still morn for the loss of their loved one. 

For my family Memorial Day {as well as every patriotic holiday} doesn't come around just once a year, but comes around so much more... We think about my Uncle who served in the Vietnam War, who received a Purple Heart and Bronze Star for his courageous attempts during the fight. My Uncle Kenny is no longer with us but is always in our hearts and mind. I wish he could have met our children and I know just how proud and happy he is for me and my family.


As we morn the loss of my Uncle and Grandfather {who also served in the United States Navy}, we are also grateful for their sacrifices to our country along with my husband and every day that he gets to returns home to us. Because not every family is so fortunate. Yes, Steven's career is not over and we pray for his constant safety and for his return home every day that he is away. We were so fortunate to celebrate Steven's 18th Anniversary of being in the United States Navy this past week and his true commitment to our Country and his job. As he his away {yet again} from us and not celebrating this holiday with his family and loved ones, we at least have the satisfaction of knowing he is marching in a Memorial Day Parade, and will be in our arms soon. 

So today {and everyday}, hold your loved ones a little closer, hug them a little tighter, and tell them you love them. 

"All gave some, Some gave all... Remember the Fallen"

We are the Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment