Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Crafting Chronicles: Mummy Cans:

This time of the school year is by far my favorite; Holiday Party Time. Being a room mom or part of my children's school activities and parties has always been my dream. I was a part of Charli's Halloween Party last year when she was at Grace Episcopal where I made some Festive Treats, and I couldn't wait to do it again this year for her and her little school friends! 

So does your child have a Halloween Party tomorrow like mine does? Are you scrambling around to figure out a fun and festive idea for a party favor or goody bag? 
Well, I got you covered! 


Things you'll need:
*Cans (from lunch, dinner, or leftover ones in your recycling bin!)
*Black Spray Paint
*Cheese Cloth (can be found at Home Depot near flooring/tile supplies)
*Glue Gun
*Scissors
*Pliers
*Googly Eyes

I washed and cleaned all the cans, taking off all paper. 
I then used pliers to flatten or break off the sharp piece of metal on the rim from where the lids break off. 
Next, spray paint cans black (inside and out). Let dry.
Cut your cheese cloth into strips (I laid mine all the way out and first cut it in half to give me two equally long pieces. Then cut three strips per piece, giving me 6 strips per package)
Next, put hot glue at the bottom of can to attach the starting point of the cheese cloth.
Start wrapping.
Create opening for mouth by using a drop of hot glue to keep the cheese cloth in place.
Keep wrapping.
Apply your last bit of hot glue at the top of the  can to attach the end of the cheese cloth.
Place googly eyes onto cloth (I also used a tiny drop of hot glue for this as well).
Fill with festive treats.
And voila! 

Mummy Cans! 

I didn't want just candy (they will be getting enough of that this weekend) so I did tootsie pops, halloween fruit snacks, bubbles, straws, pencils, and glow in the dark vampire teeth! 


Happy Crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your Mummy Cans. I bet they were a hit at the Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete