Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

Our Home Tour: Guest Bathroom:

Happy Friday friends! 
It has been quite some time since I have posted about our Home Renovations {over a year to be exact}, and I am so sorry about that. I am back though and am so excited to share with you the rest of the updates we did to our home a year and a half ago! 

If you can put your thinking caps on and remember way back when I posted about our Very First Home Renovation which was our back patio. Then we moved indoors to tackle our First Renovation Inside which was our Mudroom. This next renovation I am going to share with you came next! 

As we continued our flooring from the mudroom throughout the hall {and at that point throughout the entire house} we decided to tackle the guest bathroom. It was again a smaller space and something we felt comfortable tackling as our house was in shambles at this point, from flooring being laid and almost every wall in the house being painted. This is also the one bathroom almost everyone sees because it is the guest bath, so for me, having this space spruced up was a must.  

This before picture shows the type of flooring that was basically throughout our house {that dated white tile along with white carpet... everywhere} as well as what color every single wall was... Your typical "we are selling the house lets get a fresh coat of paint on every wall khaki" {sorry, but it's the worst, ours had a yellow tint to it and it made me cringe}. And don't get me started with the vanity. 
{before}

{making progress}

This bathroom {well all our bathrooms} made me cringe. I call the shower a dungeon {which we haven't updated yet because we know it will be a big project with what we have in mind}, nothing had ever been updated, and it was just awful really. I had big plans for this little space though and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. It took some convincing on my end for Steven to agree but I re-assured him it would look amazing, and it does!  

{after}

Long before we ever purchased our home Steven knew my love for shiplap and he also knew that one day I would be asking for it, well this was that day! I went over everything I wanted for this room before we demoed and he didn't really love the idea of shiplap only coming to a chair rail. I again re-assured him that it would look so amazing! I actually wanted it to go all the way around the room and he wanted to at least do one feature wall of all shiplap behind the vanity and toilet. I let him run with it and I absolutely love how it turned out! 



I have always wanted a Navy Blue room in my home, and finally being first time homeowners allowed us to do so {I am not the painting walls in rentals type of person... nope.}. So when we were discussing colors, I just knew this was going to be the room I wanted to go bold with! I went with Sherwin Williams Salty Dog and I am so happy with it! Everything about how this room and how it turned out couldn't be more perfect! I love how light & refreshing it is now! 










1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing information !! Really appreciate your way of sharing the information. Automatic Doors in London is generally installed at the shops and offices that are always busy with the customers.

    ReplyDelete