Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017:

Though our Thanksgiving was much more intimate this year with only having my parents come over, it was still just as beautiful & meaningful as ever. I decided on just having Nana & Papa over as it was going to be hard enough not having my husband home for the holiday. Though we missed Daddy like crazy and wanted nothing more than to have him in our arms, I made sure that our children still had the most wonderful day with their grandparents. 

We watched the parade, they helped in the kitchen when they could, we talked about what we were thankful for this year {family, food, daddy's ship} and they are the sweet memories that I will cherish for years to come. 





This was my very first year to ever make my own turkey for Thanksgiving {because husband who is an amazing cook}. I am so thankful for my mom who spent the night with us the night before so she could help me get everything prepped and cooked on Thanksgiving morning. She was my right hand the entire day and my number one cheerleader when we pulled that big ol' bird out of the oven because she was so proud of me! ;) {thanks mom!}


The kids helped Nana bake a homemade Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheescake for dessert, Charli helped set the table and added her very own place settings to each seat, and though at one point they were bouncing off the walls because it rained all day & they couldn't burn off all that energy, they are who I am thankful for the most! They are the ones who see mommy at her absolute best and absolute worst, and despite it all they still love me and I love them. They are my buddies and we get through every single day together, with love. 


{you guys, I can't even... BAHAHAHA!!}


Now Happy December, bring on ALL the Christmas things!! 
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 



2 comments:

  1. These pics are beautiful, friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Everything looked S o pretty! And great job on the turkey!🦃

    ReplyDelete