Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Crafting Chronicles: Pinecone Wreath:


Happy Thursday and Happy almost weekend! 
I hope everyone has had a fabulous week! 

Are you in a funk on what you should do with those bare walls or spots that your Christmas wreaths and decor once hung? Are you like me and enjoy to keep a "Winter" feel in your home after the holidays? Well have no fear, I have a super simple DIY for you! Pinecones are my go-to winter-y decor item, if you remember from Last Year. With moving so much and changing around your decor and where everything goes because each house is so very different you end up with areas that will need a little TLC. So in our front sitting room the mirror looked very bare when I took down my Christmas Wreath so I knew I needed to make a Pinecone Wreath of some sort. I had plenty of pinecones on hand and figured out a super simple DIY that took about 5-10 minutes to make! 


Things You Will Need:
Pinecones (I used 18) 
Twine
Wire Hanger


First, take an old wire hanger (I happened to find ONE wire hanger from Steven's uniform dry cleaning, score!) and start pulling the wire hanger down so that it makes a circle (leaving the hook). Continue to just work with it until it looks like a circle you like.
Second, take strands of twine and wrap them around the pinecone and tie tightly (but not too tightly that it breaks)
Next, I put the pinecone to where the wire hanger went inside of the grooves of the pinecone and tie a couple of knots with the twine tightly around the hanger.
Continue with each pinecone until wreath is filled! 
I also did every other pinecone in the same direction just to switch it up. 

You could end up using the hook part of the hanger to actually hang the wreath if you wanted! I ended up cutting it off because I knew I would always use ribbon.

















I love how it turned out! 
I will have the rest of our Winter Home up on the blog soon so stay tuned! 


Happy Crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea.. Christmas is still up at our house.. and I'm not ashamed!

    ReplyDelete