Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend Update: August Drill, a Flare, a Scare, and my Mom came to town:

My how our weekend got started...
Let me start with Thursday...
I was pretty sick.

I had been experiencing a minor flare all week long that gradually started to get worst. I have still been on one of my steroids this whole time, but unfortunately for me, the farther along I get in a pregnancy, the sicker I get (which is the whole reason why they want me to go into labor early). By Thursday my flare had worsened, but Steven and I had a date night planned and I didn't want my sickness to ruin it. We still went out Downtown for a lovely evening just the two of us, but I was still getting very sick the entire time. After we got home from our date I went straight up stairs to continue to get sick the rest of the night. I also started to experience some very strong contractions... 4 back to back during this time and was miserable, crying, and in so much pain I didn't know what to do. Thankfully the contractions stopped and I was able to get a little bit of sleep. 
Which brings me to Friday and the start to our weekend...

Friday morning I woke up to still dealing with my flare up and just felt done. Steven headed into work even though he didn't want to leave me alone and I called my mom crying. Thankfully my mom was already coming for a visit and was just about to leave the house to head up here. 
I then called my OB and nurse and waited to hear back to see what we should do.

While I waited, I continued to get sick, tried playing with Charli as much as I could, tried to do some cleaning, organizing, and get a shower. Thankfully Steven headed home to be with us because I was so sick. When the nurse called back she stated that my OB was going to have us sent straight to Labor & Delivery because that is where he was for the day, but another Doctor was able to get me in that afternoon, so we took that route instead. We were told to make sure Steven drove me, Charli was taken care of, and to have our bag and things with us ready to go...

So as soon as my mom arrived, we visited and headed out the door thinking
"Could we possibly be having a baby today"! 

With all of that being said, we got to the Doctor, baby boys heart rate was perfect, movement was really good, I was just very sick. They made the decision to put me back on a second steroid for the time being to get me through the weekend since baby boy seemed to be doing really well and I have an appointment on Tuesday with my regular OB. 
So back home we went! 

I can't help but admit that part of me was a little disappointed but part of me was very happy. 
I am not feeling well and am in a lot of pain and really just want baby boy here and in my arms so I  can get better, but I am thankful that he is still healthy and doing amazing with everything that is going on, and that at that moment the Doctors weren't concerned.
So a false alarm it was!

Needless to say, we ended our Friday with Dirty Martinis (for Nana and Steven) and a cold crisp Gluten Free Cider beer because I was craving one like no other! And we called it an early night!
(Oh and finally finished Gossip Girl!!) ;)

Saturday morning, Steven was up and at work while we all continued to snooze for a bit! 
We spent the morning relaxing with Nana

Before we got ready and headed out for a day of shopping, just us girls! 
We walked around, shopped, got a special treat at TCBY, and even had enough time to stop and smell the flowers! 

It was another hot and humid day here so we decided to head back home for a little lunch, some AC, a foot massage for me (thanks mommy), and a good long nap for one little lady! 

After Steven got home we all headed out for a quick walk in the neighborhood before the thunderstorms rolled in

Seriously... This child is too much to handle! haha! Her favorite thing is to walk Bailey and she insists on wearing cool shades! haha!
I die!

Saturday evening consisted of hanging out, more martinis, and dinner! 

This morning Steven was back at work while we ate some breakfast, watched some Sunday morning cartoons, and went for another walk around the neighborhood. When we got home I laid down and watched Charli and Nana play! From ring around the rosie, to piggy back rides, to running through the house yelling "Ewww", and playing catch! I absolutely love watching their relationship and to see how much Charli loves her Nana. I know baby boy will love her just as much! 

We loved having Nana here as always and were sad to see her leave this afternoon. The good thing is she will be on standby and hopefully back up here in just a couple more days! 

This afternoon called for some nasty rain and thunderstorms, so inside we stayed.
Charli and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon curled up in Mommy and Daddy's bed, watching Finding Nemo (duh), listening to the thunder, and snacking on some popcorn and cookies!

After Steven got home, we spent the rest of the afternoon playing "catch me"...
Charli loves to run after us and chase us (mainly daddy), but today I joined in (just trying to get the baby out) ;)! We ran, and skipped, and hopped, and ran some more! Charli was laughing so hard, Steven kept trying to scare us, and I was just trying not to pee myself!
We had an absolute blast though and I love seeing Charli having so much fun while doing something so simple! Those are the moments I live for!

We have enjoyed a perfect rainy afternoon and evening as a family of 3!
Now it's time for Shark Week!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend as well! 


  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Minus the scare of course. He will be here before you know it.. especially with you being so active right now!

  2. Ugh! I hate that you are so sick. But gosh - you are such a strong woman. I would be in bed (and the bathroom) and go no further. You go out on dates, shopping around town, on walks, running around the house. You are awesome, lady! Hope that stubborn little boy comes soon and gives his momma a break!

  3. Glad your mom is there to help. Hang in there!

  4. Hang m there, mama. You really are so strong - this will all be worth it!

  5. I'm so sorry the sickness keeps coming back You are such a strong mama! So glad your mama was there to help out! Hopefully soon once baby boy is here you'll be getting to feeling better soon!

  6. She is so precious!! And her HAIR! Kills me!
    I'm sorry you're so sick! You truly are super woman! I can't wait to hear what they say at your appointment today! Definitely praying for you, momma!