Pages

Monday, April 9, 2018

Easter 2017:

Easter has come and gone and we are well into yet another month. I swear Summer is going to be here before we know it and I will have two sweet babes heading off to school. Time, slow down just a little so I can soak up every bit of their childhood before it completely passes me by. 

Watching the joy that little things bring to their faces will soon fade, the days of dying Easter eggs will be lost, and trying to fit in all the fun holiday stuff will one day be lame. Though these days feel extra long right now, the years really are just flying by. 
So for now I want to focus on today, I want to continue to make every single thing I can special for them, and I want to cherish each and every moment {even when it's tough to}


We had so much fun kicking off Easter week with dying Easter Eggs this year. Nana & Papa came over to make the day extra special, and Mommy had a new way of dying the eggs to try out. Thanks to Better Homes & Gardens, I set up the "shaving cream eggs" and it was a hit! This will definitely be on our agenda every year now! {Soak eggs in vinegar first, Fill a baking dish with shaving cream, put drops of different color food coloring in, swirl around with toothpick, roll eggs in mixture, set to dry, wipe off with paper towel}. You will get the prettiest marbleized looking egg and the kids loved every bit of the shaving cream part! 





Easter week continued with Charli's class Easter Egg Hunt & Party. I love being able to make these days special for her and love getting the biggest hug when she see's me walk into class! "That's my mommy" she tells her friends! Oh sweet girl, I hope you are always proud to show me off! Her day was even more special as I got to attend by myself {Crew is always with me and I knew she needed just Mommy this time} so thanks to an amazing friend for letting me drop Crew off so I could be with just my girl! 




She found all of her 16 eggs, lined them up in a single file, opened each one to see what was inside, and said it was the best day of school ever! It really was such a special day! 


The day before Easter we had our annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and festivities! It was a fun afternoon filled with cotton candy, dirt, playing, and just being with all of our friends! It was the perfect reminder of how lucky we are to be back in Jax and to have so much love around us! Oh and a special guest visitor was there... EB! 


 Easter morning had arrived and He had Risen. One of my absolute favorite traditions is attending Easter Sunrise service. I love teaching the kids and having them be a part of something so amazing. Though this Easter the weather was a bit crazy, the fog was so thick we did not see the sun rise over the horizon, but we could feel it in our hearts. It was still the most beautiful service as always! 


We came back home, kids jumped back in their pajama's and were ready to see if the Easter Bunny had hopped on by. And he sure did! 




We had such a fun & simple morning filled with baskets, treats, and an Egg Hunt all before getting ready to have our family & a few close friends come over. My parents have always hosted Easter for our  family and we took it over a couple of years ago with us being back! I love seeing our babes relationships grow with all of their cousins and Aunts & Uncles. There truly is nothing better! 

















From my family to yours! 





1 comment: