Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fresh Fall Tablescape:

Good Morning Friends & Happy half way through the week! 

I finally started to put together my Fall Tablescape yesterday and am so in love with how my vision is unfolding. I shared a few snippets over on Instagram in my Insta Stories and got a ton of comments & love, so I figured I would share with you all here. 

There is not many things that I am in love with more than an amazing tablescape. I love how they truly set the tone in your home for any gathering, party, or even day-to-day life. For instance, every time I walk past our dining room I smile and feel happy, and that my friends is exactly why I do these things. It's my "feel good". For me it brings a since of calm to my day, makes me happy, and somehow a since of peacefulness is near. Even while I'm crafting & putting it together I feel good. Not everyone is like me though and that is more than ok, that is why I am here to help by sharing this with you. Now you won't have to think or brainstorm of an idea, you can just plop it on your table and be done! 

I loved my tablescape from Thanksgiving last year, it was a very rustic & woodsy feel but I knew I wanted different this year. I wanted something I could put out now and be out all of Fall and come Thanksgiving add a few different elements to change it up just a bit. I wanted crisp & fresh, and I feel I accomplished just that. When designing a tablescape I think of all the elements I want present; textures, heights, flowers, candles, etc. I used a neutral base layer table runner and I knew I wanted some sort of greenery involved. Eucalyptus are an amazing go-to, they are simple, elegant, but add a hint of rustic flare {not to mention they smell amazing, so your home will smell lovely}. I also knew I wanted white pumpkins and some candles, and that is exactly how this came to life.
















I always play around with all the elements and almost never keep an item in the first place I put it. Like the pitcher, I placed it directly in the center of the table but decided I liked it better off center with the big pumpkin close by. And I have already moved the candlestick about 4 more times. 

So how can you make your simple Fall tablescape? Search for things around your home before going out and purchasing; burlap, table runners, candles, candle holders or pedestals, vases or pitchers, the sky's the limit {even faux flowers. I am using my faux hydrangeas for now and will buy fresh later}.  And remember, it does not all have to match. Having an eclectic feel is something I love too. Play with the heights of everything, you don't want everything the same exact height. You can do pumpkins like I did or throw in some pinecones, or both. And if you love Eucalyptus as well, then head to your neighborhood Trader Joe's to find some for a whopping $2.99. 

And for the leftover Eucalyptus, throw it in a vase and add it to your breakfast nook or coffee table!
















I hope this has inspired you to make your Fall tablescape or has given you an idea of what you might want for your Thanksgiving dinner table!

No comments:

Post a Comment