Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Halloween 2019:

Before we get too much farther into November, 
I wanted to get in our Halloween recap! 

As excited as we were for Halloween to get here, we were beyond ready to see October go. It was not a good month for us at all... You know the saying "when it rains, it pours"... Yeah, that pretty much sums up how the month went. October, though you treated us very poorly, we were ready to end the month with the best Halloween for our kids! 

Towards the beginning of the month, I had one of the worst arthritis flares I have ever dealt with. It was flared in my SI Joint, which shoots pain to my back, hip, and down my leg. Needless to say I was bed ridden for 14 days, in such debilitating pain that I couldn't walk or move. I wound up in the Emergency Room it got that bad. I was so thankful for a husband who was home to help me and the kids, and for also children who understand their mommy's issues. I was so upset though, as it ruined a good few weeks for us where we had to cancel pretty much everything. So the last week of October we really tried to get in as much as we could with the kids and really try to make it fun! 


We hit up a few pumpkin patches to find the perfect pumpkins to carve! The kids have such opinions these days on what exactly they want their pumpkin to look like! So we just let them go, and loved what they chose! 





{though I still think I found the best ones in the patch ;)}

Halloween Eve arrived and I got everything set up outside so when Daddy got home they could get to carving! Crew still to this day does not like touching the inside of the pumpkins, so mommy pretty much cleaned his out! Charli on the other hand was very adamant that she do all her own work! 


For Halloween this year, the kids really wanted to be Superheroes! Crew has been obsessed with Batman since this Summer since he got to watch the LEGO Batman movie when we took them to LegoLand. Mommy tried to get her way with doing all Batman characters, but alas, Charli didn't want to be Robin, but instead Wonder Woman! 



The pure excitement on their little faces when Halloween night arrived and they could finally dress up was pure joy for us! This truly was the absolute best year with them trick or treating! Even though it was a very hot & humid 92 degrees, they had the absolute best night with their friends, and that is truly all we could ask for! Especially since we probably only have a few good years left with Charli for the innocence & magic that is the holiday season. So we are soaking up every single thing we can! 

Now that I have recapped Halloween... It's officially on to Thanksgiving & Christmas, and for a WAY better November!! 

Here's to Tuesday! 












No comments:

Post a Comment