Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter 2019:

Easter has come and gone and we are headed into the last weekend of April. I can't believe how fast this month has gone by and that the kids will be out of school for the Summer in a short 5 weeks. I am so looking forward to the slower pace/care free days that Summer brings. Especially after these past 9 days... Leading up to Easter we were running a million miles a minute, had about 72 things to do a day, and all the events to attend. It was hectic & crazy, but I wouldn't have changed a thing, because Daddy was actually home this year and we were able to make all the memories together!


We had both of the kids Egg Hunts & Easter Parties to attend at their schools right before we headed into Easter Break. I am so thankful my mom could join us, especially because Charli's was the only one I could make it to. 



She had the absolute best day and even found the "prize egg" {which apparently was a big deal ;)}. Sadly, the very next day was Crew's Easter Celebration at school along with my Pre-Op appointment all the way across town {I have a minor surgery coming up in a couple weeks}. At the last minute my mom said not to worry and that she would get to Crew's school to be there for him. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that she was able to do that, as I tried booking it from the hospital to make even just the end of his party. I unfortunately missed the entire thing and was honestly crushed... {I absolutely hate when my medical issues get in the way and am unable to be there for our children}. But the picture that my mom took of our sweet boy as he walked out and immediatley spotted his Nana, says it all...

{PURE Happiness!!!! Gosh I could gobble him up!}

The weekend rolled around and both the kids and Steven had Friday and Monday off, so trying to fit in ALL the things is what we did! We had our Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt {which sadly the kids actually missed the entire egg hunt because we were 4 minutes late... oops} but they had the most amazing time running around with all of their friends doing the other activities that were set up! 





We dyed all the Easter Eggs we could


Then Easter morning arrived and we had two very excited kiddos. Unfortunately we missed sunrise service {which is all of our favorite tradition... Charli cried, but we made up for it by just discussing Jesus that morning with her}. "Alleluia! Christ is Risen. The Lord is Risen indeed. Alleluia". 

We continued the morning by seeing if the Easter Bunny came, and he sure did!  



It was truly the perfect morning as a family, watching the kids hunt for eggs, seeing the simple excitement on their little faces, and the pure innocence that is childhood! 


We spent the rest of the morning gearing up for family & friends to arrive. We celebrated Easter with the best gathering of loved ones in or home and couldn't have asked for a better day. What made it even more special was Uncle Dodo was in town! 







Charli and Crew love their uncles something fierce and we are so blessed to have had both of them with us this Holiday! 









We had a truly amazing Easter and hope that everyone had the best day with your loved ones as well! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment