Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Coping with Crohn's: A Quick Update:

Good Morning & Happy Half Way through the week friends!
I wanted to drop in and give a quick update regarding my health. I am always so grateful for everyone who is constantly checking in on me, or asking how I am feeling. But since it has been well over a year since I actually posted an update, I thought I would do just that today.

At the time of my last post I was just out of the hospital where they found a severe internal infection and I was rushed up for surgery to have a Drain put in. Those next 7 weeks were truly some of the worst. I was in and out of the Emergency Room a handful of times due to the Drain Tube shifting and at the end of the 7 weeks, it started to come out.


{I came up with using a maternity band to hold the drain tube in place so it didn't tug at my incision sight}

My doctors were able to bump me for my Gallbladder surgery and get me in quicker due to the drain tube starting to come out and the concern of the infection leaking into my body. I only had a couple of minor complications which caused me to stay in the hospital for a few days, but all in all surgery went well. Recovery was rough for a couple of weeks; dealing with a ton of pain, it hurt to walk, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was slowly starting to feel like myself again and that was all I truly wanted.




This past year has been pretty good. I have good days and I have bad days. Nothing is ever consistent for me and I deal with daily challenges as I always have. I started iron infusions, B12 shots, my new Crohn's Infusion, on top of having countless tests, scans & procedures to check on things. I just had my 12th Colonoscopy and an Endoscopy last week and am headed in for an MRI of my stomach/abdomen tomorrow. All of these things are "normal" in my life and in my health and I am just continuing to stay positive & keep my head up during all of this. The results from this past Colonoscopy & Endoscopy weren't that great and I am back on steroids along with a few other meds to get some things under control. I will be heading back in for another Colonoscopy in 4 months to check on some things they found. We are still waiting for the results of the dozen biopsies that were taken, and I'm just praying all is good!

If you follow me on instagram then you also know I have been dealing with vision loss and had to get glasses. Having an Auto Immune Disease means that it can attack any and every part of your body. Well, it has finally attacked my eyes. This is going to be yet another change that I am going to have to embrace, but I am trying to stay positive.


All in all, I am just trying to enjoy each and every good day that I have with our babies while I can, because I never know how long the "good" will last.








I just want to be the mom they deserve! 







1 comment:

  1. I’m so sorry you are going through all this! Your positive mindset is not only inspiring but undoubtably will help you get back to feeling like yourself. Sending healing thoughts and love your way!

    ReplyDelete