Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter 2017:

Another holiday has come and gone and time doesn't seem to be slowing down. As I sit here scrolling through these pictures, looking at every detail of our children and seeing how much older they look from last year, how much bigger they have gotten, and how much different this year was from last. It makes me want to soak in every bit of their childhood even more. These are the days I want to remember, these are the moments I hope they do, and I hope they know & remember how much effort mommy put into every single holiday for them. Because I want everything to be special, even the little things, I want everything to be magical, and I truly love watching it all through their eyes! 
"The days are long, but the years are short"

Though I am limited right now with what I can do, we still focused on making every moment count and soaked in every bit of family time and festiveness that we could {as usual}. The kids have really been such troopers with my current situation and they know I can't do everything I used to right now, but it didn't stop us from having the best time!

Every Easter Eve we die all the Easter Eggs. I love keeping this until the day before Easter as it is so fun gearing up for the next day! The kids did a wonderful job and stayed so clean, win! I have to say this is one of my favorite things to watch, I love how amazed they are as they gaze into the cups and watch their eggs transform! 





Easter Sunday we woke up bright and early and headed out to the beach for Sunrise Service. I have been going to this same Sunrise Service for so long and it is the same Service that Steven and I have gone to since we got married {and lived here or were back visiting}. It truly is the most amazing, peaceful, serene way to start Easter, and to remember what Easter is all about!



{on a random side note: My mother & husband have been saying to me I walk and stand with a hunch right now because it truly hurts to stand up straight. I hated seeing this in pictures so I am working on standing straighter}

 Easter morning continued when we arrived back home and the Bunny had arrived {not before the babes had to get back in their jammies first!! haha}. 




They spent the morning hunting all the eggs, eating ALL the candy, and playing with ALL the things! It truly was a magical morning! 

Our family then arrived in the afternoon for the perfect Easter Lunch and another Egg Hunt. It was the perfect day surrounded by so many that we love, just being together, letting all the kids play, and enjoying the beautiful weather! 








Wishing you all a wonderful week! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment